I wish to thank Sandra Ward, aka Con Mommy, for her assistance with the final redshirt drawing for Maelstrom of Fate, held at LibertyCon 30.
I extend a hearty congratulations to Doug Crowe and Aaron Plotkin for winning the final two slots. You both are killed fairly quickly, but you get the honor of getting one shot in each before your demise. (Read below the video for additional redshirt news.)
Doug, since you managed to win in this drawing, I will be removing your Tuckerization (where you’re written in as a character but not killed off) from season two of The Adventures of Pigg and Woolfe, my upcoming Steampunk serial, and awarding that spot to Snow Hawkins.
Also, as stated in an earlier post, my ConNooga redshirt winner, Jonathon Morris, was disqualified from appearing in Maelstrom for being excessively annoying. I have slightly relented my stance and will be redshirting him in season two of TAoPaW by incineration after taking a bullet for one of my main characters. (A back broken by a hungry vampire was just too swift and easy a death for him.)
This is the third reading from The Daedalus Enigma. I probably won’t be doing another reading video until after the publication of Maelstrom of Fate in October. I’d thought about doing readings from The Dungeon section of Readers’ Refuge, but those would be age-restricted videos due to some of the subject matter. They may still happen, but not at this time.
Here, for your viewing and listening pleasure is The Bathing of Sniff.
I finally got started on the cover art for Maelstrom of Fate this afternoon. So far, I have the background done. It has to dry fully before I start on the other images. I’m going with acrylic on canvas board again.
Granted, this part went quickly. I kept the brush rather wet to blend the four pigments used. I was trying to give the effect of a whirlpool. As you can see, I used masking tape and paper to ensure a clean border around the painting.
Here is the second video reading from The Daedalus Enigma.
Yet another busy weekend; not so much on the writing and book production front, but productive nonetheless. We replaced the carpet in the cats’ room with vinyl tile: easier to clean. (Cricket-of-Boundless-Energy has earned the nickname “Spootz”.)
The only progress I’ve made on the cover art for Maelstrom of Fate has been to mask off the borders on the canvas board I have for the painting.
The only other accomplishments this weekend have been to record and edit this week’s video reading and to complete a hidden object game and bonus game I started last weekend.
Without further ado, here is this week’s reading selection: the Once Upon a Tide… from The Daedalus Enigma, Sirens at War.
As promised, here is the reading of the excerpt titled Hunting in New Orleans, from Hell’s Dodo.
First: THE BANNER HAS ARRIVED! This is my first ever professionally created signage for promotion of my books.
I am extremely happy with how it turned out (and the height of the stand, which didn’t look that tall on the Vistaprint website, but was the only style available for this size vertical banner).
The manuscript for Maelstrom of Fate is complete with the exception of the addition of the last two red shirt winners. That drawing will be held at LibertyCon at the end of June. The current word count is 77,251… subject to change upon revisions and edits, of course. For instance, MS Word tends to count the asterisks I put between scene breaks (which are converted to little skull and crossbones in the finished books) as words.
I hope to get started on the painting for the cover this Memorial Day weekend. I already have the concept and image layout in my head.
There will be a new video reading from Hell’s Dodo later this weekend.
I am now fully stocked with 10 full sets of books for LibertyCon; I also have a fresh batch of author cards to give out.
Okay, I think that covers everything for now. If I think of something else, I’ll let you know.
Here’s a random pic of Star to send this off. (Louie is photobombing in the back.)
I am on the final chapter of Maelstrom of Fate. With a long weekend coming up, I will be finished with the initial revisions. I’ve just this chapter and the epilogue to finish up. Here are the current stats:
Word count: 73,982
Page count: 235
The Adventures of Pigg & Woolfe has slowed down quite a bit. I’ve run out of steam on my Steampunk serial, so to speak.
My mind is more focused on prepping for LibertyCon right now. I’ve already ordered and received a fresh batch of author cards from Vistaprints. I also intend to have my very first banner for the convention. Jessica Werner is helping me tweak the design to fit the printer’s specs and did the Photoshop work on it. (I do not have PS loaded on either of my computers, nor the free time to learn it well enough for something like this were I to download it.) Neither of us have done banner work before, so it has been a learning experience.
Meanwhile, here is this week’s installment of Readings from the Log of the Pirate Ship Incubus: