As promised, here is the reading of the excerpt titled Hunting in New Orleans, from Hell’s Dodo.
First: THE BANNER HAS ARRIVED! This is my first ever professionally created signage for promotion of my books.
I am extremely happy with how it turned out (and the height of the stand, which didn’t look that tall on the Vistaprint website, but was the only style available for this size vertical banner).
The manuscript for Maelstrom of Fate is complete with the exception of the addition of the last two red shirt winners. That drawing will be held at LibertyCon at the end of June. The current word count is 77,251… subject to change upon revisions and edits, of course. For instance, MS Word tends to count the asterisks I put between scene breaks (which are converted to little skull and crossbones in the finished books) as words.
I hope to get started on the painting for the cover this Memorial Day weekend. I already have the concept and image layout in my head.
There will be a new video reading from Hell’s Dodo later this weekend.
I am now fully stocked with 10 full sets of books for LibertyCon; I also have a fresh batch of author cards to give out.
Okay, I think that covers everything for now. If I think of something else, I’ll let you know.
Here’s a random pic of Star to send this off. (Louie is photobombing in the back.)
I am on the final chapter of Maelstrom of Fate. With a long weekend coming up, I will be finished with the initial revisions. I’ve just this chapter and the epilogue to finish up. Here are the current stats:
Word count: 73,982
Page count: 235
The Adventures of Pigg & Woolfe has slowed down quite a bit. I’ve run out of steam on my Steampunk serial, so to speak.
My mind is more focused on prepping for LibertyCon right now. I’ve already ordered and received a fresh batch of author cards from Vistaprints. I also intend to have my very first banner for the convention. Jessica Werner is helping me tweak the design to fit the printer’s specs and did the Photoshop work on it. (I do not have PS loaded on either of my computers, nor the free time to learn it well enough for something like this were I to download it.) Neither of us have done banner work before, so it has been a learning experience.
Meanwhile, here is this week’s installment of Readings from the Log of the Pirate Ship Incubus:
This was an even shorter weekend than last weekend. Still, I managed to get chapter 28 typed up and initial revisions done.
Page count: 214
Word count: 65,908
I managed to finish the rough draft of episode 21 of The Adventures of Pigg & Woolfe this week. Night shift is rough on me, writing-wise. I used to love working nights, but switching back and forth every week is growing to wear on me more than it did when I was younger.
There is a warning attached to the following reading video for those who have trigger issues with domestic violence. This scene is heartbreaking.
This was a productive weekend, if a short one. Hopefully next weekend will prove just as productive, provided they don’t call a Friday night shift.
The current stats on Maelstrom of Fate:
Chapter: 27 complete; 28 started; 28-31 +epilogue left
Page count in current format: 206
Word count: 63,471
It won’t be long until it’s ready to send to the editor.
I also made good progress on The Adventures of Pigg & Woolfe this week during my work breaks. The story ideas began to flow again, now that I’m writing on episode 21. For some reason, episode 20 seemed to drag on sooooo slowly. I’ll probably end up doing heavy revisions to it when the time comes. There was a lot of repetitiveness to bring different characters up to speed on recent events. still, I have the basic story down in the rough draft, which is the point.
Finally, I uploaded the 12th entry of Readings from the Log of the Pirate Ship Incubus on Youtube this morning. I’ve also been contemplating creating a “Meet the Crew” video.
Without further ado, here is the video reading of Belladonna’s First Drink.