This is why I’m the ship’s scribe, not Viktor. Just kidding.
This has been a productive weekend, both in typing and revising on Maelstrom of Fate, and in catching up on my video readings.
The typed manuscript currently stands at 39 pages typed in the Smashwords’ submissions guidelines format, which my publisher uses. The word count is at 11,898. I am three paragraphs into chapter 6 out of 31 chapters total plus the Once Upon a Tide prologue and an epilogue.
There is still a lot of work ahead of me. I also still have the final redshirt spot to award, which will be done in the drawing at LibertyCon the last weekend of June. (In a side note: I saw on their website, when I sent in payment for my three Authors’ Alley time slots, the convention is sold out.)
I firmly believe that I will have the manuscript in a suitable form to be ready for publication by October. I only hope my publisher is able to do so at that time. I would dearly love to debut the book at Hallowcon in East Ridge, TN.
I also started writing episode 16 of The Adventures of Pigg & Woolfe, which is my current writing project during work breaks. And I’ve done a quick, preliminary sketch of the cover art for Maelstrom of Fate. One element will be a new challenge for me. I have never attempted to paint an explosion, and haven’t done a line-art (comic book style) drawing of one in decades.